Friday, December 4, 2009

rainy day

Today has been a rainy day. :( We were going to go to a water fall today, but decided not to. I guess it is a good thing because it have been raining all day. I have done everything I could keep myself occupied. I have just accepted the feeling of being bored.

I had nothing better to do, so I took a picture of the wonderful scenery i have out my window.











One of the things I did was take a picture of my multi-purpose bedroom. At night I have the whole room to myself. In the day it is were Beitris (the maid) sleeps on the bed with baby Mechelle. The bed is also used as the changing table. Now the room is used to keep all of Beitris, Mechelle and my stuff and very thing else that we can fit. It is not really as bad as it may sound. All those things are true about the room, but I'm very grateful for where I am staying. It is like a mansion compared to how everyone else lives here in Kenya. You have to take the bitter with the sweet. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm not in America anymore.
Tomorrow is going to be fun. I have been planning a soccer game with all the young people here with Simon and Lloyd. It has been quit a process. I can't wait, hopefully it will rain tomorrow and make everything a bigger adventure. Other than not doing anything today things have been going really well. Abba teaching have been really encouraging me. I hope he does them at home so that you all can benefit from them also. I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment