Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today was a good day.

Today was a good day. First thing is I got to spend time with Simon and Lloyd. I have not seen them since Sunday. Abba, George, the boys and myself all went out. We started talking about God. Simon and Lloyd have really good hearts. There are real servants. Right as they came over this morning they started helping George with things he needed. They are great to be with. Well, anyways i went to their youth meeting that they have every Saturday. We were a hour late because we were in town, so we went to Christeans house. Christean is the one who does the meetings with the youth. She did the meeting over again with us at her house. Her house is very small. The meeting was good at least what i could understand. They spoke in english and swahili. I do not know if they realized it, but when they do speak in English they use swahili words. Christean kept asking me questions and what my opinion was about things that i did not know what about, since they only spoke in half English with a swahili accent. I was very confused most of the time. I tried so hard to understand what they were talking about. The little I did understand Lloyd had to explain to me. I was sitting next to Lloyd. Lloyd is the quiet one, it was probably the most I ever heard him say. Simon is the one who does all the talking. The whole thing was a very interesting experience. Hopefully next time I will be able to understand something.
George and I are becoming really good friends. I have so much fun with him. I am so grateful that I have met George. If Gods only purpose for me to come to Africa is to meet George than that is fine with me. I love George he is a good man.
The people here are really starting to come together. We had a mens meeting today also. It went very well at least the end. I was only there for the end because I was at christeen's house. The part that I did get to be at felt really good. They are really good men who seem to really be trying to follow God. It might sound funny, but there are only five men. I can not wait to see what God does here.
Well, that was my adventures for today. I love and miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment