Monday, November 2, 2009

We made it safe as you probably already know. The plane ride was long. I do not think I have ever sat in the same place for that long in my life. Sorry it has taken this long to blog again. I think I will be able to do it everyday now. I already miss you all very much. The most interesting thing so far has been the driving. We had to drive from the airport to the hotel. We only stayed in the hotel for one night because of how late we arrived, which was around 8 Kenya time. Then we drove from there to George’s house. George is a very good driver don’t get me wrong, but I thought I was going to die at least three times. Oh, when we were in Nairobi, which is a big city where the airport is, I had to get a few more shots. The place where we went to get them was walking distance from the hotel. With George in the lead we followed him there. It was crazy I was in the very back of the line, which did not last very long because first, Amma started to follow some other man with the same color shirt as George Second, Abba and Amma have shorter legs and walk really slow George would usually have to wait every few minutes. The cars here in Africa drive on the other side of the road, even though it can be hard to tell sometimes. Ok, so I’m used to looking right for on coming traffic, but it does not come right it comes left. Luckily I was following George. I do not think I would get hit because people just cross whenever they want so the cars just either slow down or drive around. There are stop light, but for the most part they’re optional. George drove through one and Abba asked if he had to stop for red lights George just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. Everything is different here right as you get off the plane it smells different. The food so far has been really good and the tea they have is really good also. I’m still trying to get used to the time. I’m really tired! L My body will get things figured out in a few days. George is an amazing Godly man! God showed us the right man to do something in Africa with. Nelly is very sweet and baby Havilah is adorable. I have not really been with Simon and Lloyd very much yet. I can not what though. From the little I did see them you can tell they are young men after God. Just the way they are you can tell. I think I’m going to learn a lot from them. God is so amazing! I can’t believe I’m in Africa! If you would of told me I would be in Africa I would tell you that you are crazy. Please keep praying for me and I will be praying for you all as well. I love you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment